This Privacy Statement explains how the Nutanix group of companies which includes Nutanix, Inc., Nutanix Netherlands, B.V., and subsidiaries and affiliates, (collectively, “Nutanix”, “we,” “our,” or “us”) collects , uses and protects your information when you visit, register through or use the .Next Platform (www.nutanixnext2020.com) provided by our third-party vendor Meeting Play, LLC (the "Platform") to attend our .Next events. We are committed to maintaining your privacy and protecting your information and this Privacy Statement explains how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Statement only applies to the processing of your information when you use the Platform to register and attend our events. For information about how we collect and use information via our Nutanix websites or in the context of providing our services, please read our general Privacy Statement.
The information we collect from you
Information you provide voluntarily
We collect the information you voluntarily provide when you register and/or attend an event organized by Nutanix on the Platform. That includes:
- We collect your first name, last name, password, title, company name, phone number and email address to log into the Platform and create an account to attend our events.
- When you participate in messaging, polling, surveys and/or interaction with our social features available through the Platform, we will collect information necessary for these features, which may include your name, e-mail, content of your messages and interactions with our social media features, responses to the polling and surveys and other information. We may also collect other event-related information from you in order for the feature to function properly.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, phone, or social networking service (e.g., Twitter or Facebook), we may collect your name and contact information, as well as any other content included in your communication to us, in order to send you a reply.
- If you post content on publicly accessible portions of our Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see the content. If you signed in to your Account via a social networking site (“SNS”), your profile photo may be displayed along with your posted content.
Information collected automatically
- The date and time of your visit and the web pages, content and actions you view or take and links you click on while navigating within the Platform;
- Information about your interactions with any content appearing on the Platform, such as the type of content accessed via the Platform;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer or device by your Internet service provider so that other computers or devices connected to the Internet can communicate with your computer or device online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using the Platform or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers such as mobile device advertising identifiers and non-global mobile device identification numbers;
- With your permission, your exact device location;
- Information about your device such as your device type and model, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, advertising identifiers, operating system, Wi-Fi information, radio type (e.g. LTE, 3G, etc.), carrier code, and time zone.
If you would like to disable cookies, you must consult your browser's documentation on how to do so. We will not store your information on your computer if you disable cookies, but please be aware that certain areas of our site may not function as intended.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To create and manage your account and register to our events: We use your contact details (such as your name, company name, title, email address etc.) to create your account on the Platform, allow you to register you to our events and identify you as a user in our system to perform our contract with you;
- To communicate with you and provide support: We collect and use your contact details and the content of the communications you send us in order to communicate with you (including to provide support, send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories) and respond to your queries, to perform our contract with you;
- To organize, manage and improve our events: We use your information, such as your contact details, feedback, responses to polling and surveys and other information related to your use, interaction with the Platforms and other event-related information to organize, manage and improve the events we organize and optimize your experience as an attendee of such events, to manage our contract with you or to the extent that it is necessary for our legitimate interest in organizing, managing and improving the quality and relevance of our public-facing events;
- To manage and protect the platform and improve your experience with the Platform: We and our vendor Meeting Play, LLC, use information about your use of the Platform and your interactions with the Platform and with others through the Platform (including when you use the social media features) to allow you to use the Platform (including to communicate with others and use the social features), to manage the platform, customize and improve your experience and to protect the Platform and others against fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities. We do so to perform our contract with you, or to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest and our vendor's legitimate interest in managing, improving and protecting the Platform.
- To send you marketing communications: We use your information, such as your contact information to send you communications such as emails and telephone calls about our products, events and other information related to Nutanix and our partners and sponsors in accordance with your marketing preferences, to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting our products, services and events or where we seek your valid consent;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection or pursuant to your consent.
To whom we disclose your information
We will not disclose to any third parties, personal information that relates to you without your prior consent, except as outlined below. We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: In order to manage the Platform and organize our events, it is necessary for us to disclose your personal information to our third-party vendors who perform certain functions on our behalf. This includes, for example, Meeting Play, LLC who provides this Platform on our behalf and its service providers (e.g. cloud hosting providers, communication providers etc.)
- Legal rights: We may disclose information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or in situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
- Business transfers: We may disclose or transfer your information to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third-parties as one of our business assets in which case the acquirer, successor or assignee will use your personal information in line with this Privacy Statement.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose your information if required to do so by any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third-party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or regulation, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
International Data Transfers
If you are located in the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), in the United Kingdom or in Switzerland, please, note that your personal information may be transferred outside of the EEA or your country of origin to the United States or any other countries where Nutanix is established or our third-party vendors operate. In the event that any of the above involve the transfer of your personal information to a country outside of the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement. For more information about how we protect your personal information, please read our general Privacy Statement.
How we secure the privacy of your information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We use and take all reasonable steps to ensure that our vendors use reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to secure your personal information. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
For more detailed information about how we protect your information, please read our general Privacy Statement.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for the period that you have an account on the Platform and are registered to attend our events. After the events , we will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so and for a period of time consistent with the original purpose as described in this Statement. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your privacy rights
Depending on your country of residence, you may have the following rights:
- You can access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information;
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information;
- You can opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in our email or contacting us using the contact details provided below ;
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise these rights contact us contact us here, send us an email at [email protected] or use the contact details provided in the "Contact Us" section below. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. For more information about your privacy rights and choices, please read our general Privacy Statement.
Social media features
Our Platform may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website or platform to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on the Platform. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks and you click through to these from the Platform, the latter may receive information showing that you have visited the Platform. If you are logged in to your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit to the Platform with your social media profile. Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
Public Posts and Profile Pictures.
Any content you post to public areas of the Platform (e.g. the comment section)) is available for public viewing. Once displayed on the Platform, your content may be collected and used by others.
You must have reached the age of majority to register to our event and create an account on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 or have any reasonable grounds to believe that children under the age of 16 are accessing the Platform or attending our events. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Changes and Updates
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Privacy Statement, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Privacy Statement, we will make it available through the Platform, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and obtain your consent where legally required. We encourage you to review this Statement and our general Privacy Statement frequently to be informed of how Nutanix is protecting your information.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, your Information, our use, and disclosure practices, or your privacy choices, please contact us, by email to [email protected] or by using the following postal address:
1740 Technology Drive, Suite 150
San Jose, CA 95110
If you are in the EEA or in the United Kingdom, please note that Nutanix Netherlands, B.V. is the data controller of your personal information